Hardin Law Firm PLLC
Call to Schedule a Consultation910-849-2356

Sailing Through Seas Of Adversity

Month: March 2017

Death of a parent and child custody

If a North Carolina father is not the custodial parent and the custodial parent dies, he may want to get custody of the child. However, if his name is not on the child's birth certificate or if he has not filed a signed acknowledgement of paternity with the court, he...

Working out alimony: A woman’s guide

Alimony has the potential to make you feel great about your finances or make you wish you had fought harder for more after your divorce. How is alimony arranged? What can you do to get as much alimony as you need? Here are a few things to think about. 1. Calculate...

Learning more about the DPPA

The Deadbeat Parents Punishment Act is a federal law that levies penalties against noncustodial parents who move to another state in an effort to avoid their child support obligations. Created in 1998, it says that North Carolina residents or others may be subject to...

FindLaw Network
  • american-institute-of-fam-law
  • avvo-rating
  • Avvo
  • avvo-rating-top-atto-div
  • avvo-alients-choice
  • best-fayetteville